The Northland’s creative cluster embraces its entrepreneurial spirit, propensity for innovation, and commitment to research and learning.
Primary sectors include architectural/engineering, legal, consulting, and real estate services. Value-added products include small engine aircraft, parts used for excavation, bakery equipment, aerial trucks, and medical devices.
The creativity crosses several cluster groups and builds on its strengths to create high value products using rapid prototyping, engineering support, water-jet cutting, CNC punching, and metal forming.
Moderate average temperatures and extremely low probability of natural disasters position the region ideally for housing data centers and other companies dependent on uninterrupted business.
Creative technology & professional services businesses include:
- Architectural Resources – Duluth, Hibbing
- Barr Engineering – Duluth, Hibbing
- Benchmark Engineering – Mountain Iron
- Braun Intertec – Hibbing
- Damberg Scott Gerzina Wagner (DSGW) – Duluth
- Krech Ojard & Associates – Duluth
- LHB Engineers & Architects – Duluth, Superior
- ProSource Technologies – Duluth
- Short Elliott Hendrickson (SEH) – Duluth, Virginia, Grand Rapids
- TKDA Engineers, Architects, Planners – Duluth
- Twin Ports Testing – Superior