Healthcare and Biomedical is the largest employment cluster in the Northland. Twenty percent of the region’s workforce comes from several medical provider networks and a growing number of long-term residential care facilities and companies.
The Northland is a magnet for vocational rehabilitation and assisted living/extended care opportunities. With imminent baby boomer retirements and an aging population, home health care will continue as rapidly growing segment of health care services.
Several biomedical startup companies are located in the Northland. An abundance of natural resources is available to help them and other early-stage biotechnology companies grow.
HEALTHCARE AND BIOMEDICAL COMPANIES:
- Essentia Health
- St. Lukes
- United Healthcare
- Fairview University Medical Center Mesabi
- Benedictine Health System
- Integrity Health Network
- Grand Itasca Cllinic & Hospital
- Diamond Willow Support Services Office
- Duluth Regional Care Center
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Riverwood Healthcare Center
- Quest Diagnostics
- Scenic Rivers Health Services
- Bigfork Valley Hospital