Home > Top Industries >
Aviation & Aerospace
The Northland boasts a proud heritage in aerospace and aviation. The hub of that activity is in Duluth, but every county hosts either a general aviation facility or, in the cases of Duluth, Hibbing/Chisholm, and International Falls, a fully functional commercial airport.
Duluth’s aviation cluster hosts airplane manufacturing, aircraft maintenance and repair, and nearly two dozen businesses that supply these anchors. Its local community college has a flight school and aircraft parts programs that build off of the industry’s appetite for innovation.
The Northland continues to advance and preserve its rich history of aviation through a growing array of businesses.
Major aviation & aerospace companies include:
- American Precision Avionics – Duluth
- Cirrus Aircraft – Duluth
- Greystar Electronics – Duluth
- Hibbing Fabricators – Hibbing
- Lake Superior Helicopters – Duluth
- Midwest Aircraft Refinishing – Hibbing
- Product Development Machine – Hermantown
- Roy Aero Service – Grand Marais
- SCS Interiors – Duluth