Labovitz School of Business & Economics, Bureau of Business and Economic Research
Services: Student Provided Research
Contact: Monica Haynes, Director
Address: 11 E Superior St 210, Duluth, MN 55802
Bureau of Business and Economic Research (BBER) works for students, alumni, and the region as a whole. The BBER
- Collects, analyzes, and disseminates information regarding the economy of Duluth, Northeast Minnesota, the State of Minnesota, and Northwest Wisconsin for client base comprised of public and private regional, state, and federal constituencies
- Provides specific research to identify economic problems and opportunities
- Acts as a catalyst to generate research from faculty, staff and students within LSBE
- Provides students with hands-on, real-world skills of conducting economic and business research and working directly with businesses
- Provides unbiased data and analysis concerning the economic viability of building, expanding, relocating, downsizing, and/or eliminating businesses, especially industry-specific businesses, such as forestry, mining, and energy.
- Contributes to strategic thinking about research data (forecasting, communicating, responding, developing)
Funded by a special appropriation of the Minnesota Legislature, private contracts, and research grants, the Bureau of Business and Economic Research is actively involved in a number of current projects.
Labovitz School of Business & Economics, Bureau of Business and Economic Research serves the Northland, Arrowhead, Duluth MN Superior WI MSA, Aitkin, Carlton, Cook, Itasca, Koochiching, Lake, and St. Louis county areas.