Services: Economic Development Authorities
Contact: Paul Nevanen, Director
Address: 3214 2nd Ave E, International Falls, MN 56649, USA
The Koochiching Economic Development Authority (KEDA) was created by statute in 2000 as a joint powers development authority between the City of International Falls and Koochiching County.
The KEDA was created to centralize and coordinate the economic development efforts throughout Koochiching County. Its primary focus is on job retention, creation, and diversification. The KEDA meets monthly and its membership consists of two Koochiching County Commissioners, two members of the International Falls City Council, one state legislator, and two at-large members from Koochiching County.
The KEDA is the point of contact for businesses looking to start, expand, or locate in Koochiching and can assist in site selection, economic assistance, workforce information, and simplifying the process. The KEDA has partnerships with the county’s revolving loan fund (KOOCHCO), the Small Business Development Center, Rainy River Community College, and other local and regional loan funds and development agencies.
In these times of globalization and challenging business environment, Koochiching County can provide not only a competitive location to conduct business but also offer the balance of a high quality of life. The KEDA understands the changing dynamic of business needs and continues to evolve to provide the essential groundwork for business success including:
· Four business/industrial parks totaling more than 100 acres.
· JOBZ tax free zone designation (128 acres) and Foreign Trade Zone designation (718 acres).
· High-speed telecommunications including T1, DSL, cable, and wireless.
· International Airport with multiple commercial flights to Minneapolis daily.
· Rainy River Community College offers custom workforce training.
· Low tax rates relative to other areas.
· Scheduled expansion of areas of Highway 53 to four lane.
· Customs port of entry for vehicle and rail traffic.
· Affordable housing.
The KEDA has a variety of tools to assist business start-up, expansion, or re-location including:
· JOBZ Tax Free Zones and Foreign Trade Zones
· Gap financing
· Workforce training assistance
· Access to local and regional loan funds/programs
· Tax increment financing
· Business Park Incentives
Koochiching Economic Development Authority serves the Northland, Arrowhead, and Koochiching county areas.